Saturday, January 19, 2013

Stan "The Man" Musial

Today started out pretty well.
Work was decent, got a little busy towards the end of the shift, but wound up being up in sales against our goal. After work, I went by my LCS where The Dimwit (he's been on a football kick lately, if you haven't heard) and I helped our friend Bobby open some boxes of 2012 Topps Football.
I then picked up my son, came home, and watched Chad Bumphis in a MVP performance in the Shrine Bowl. I was cranking up an episode of Doctor Who on Netflix when my phone went off.
Stan Musial, the Cardinal Legend, had died.
My grandfather got to see The Man play in Busch I, many years ago; and it's a story my father and I never get tired of hearing.
I'm not sure how many more products will bear his signature after 2013 Topps Series One, but I wanted to share my piece of Cardinals history that will forever be a source of pride in my personal collection:

I'll leave the eloquent memorials to the fine writers at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, but I for one, will certainly miss him.

Thanks for stopping by folks.
Staying unabashed, and interested,
-Ruffin

No comments:

Post a Comment