Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm gonna check the mail, hope I got me some cool stuff...

(Title makes a little more sense sung to the tune of "Thrift Shop". A little though, not a lot. [Language Warning, BTW] )

Today was my second day back from vacation and the transition was smoothed by the what came in the mail!

First, I have an item from a "Claim It!" post courtesy of jaybarkerfan:
Yes, it's crooked. It happens. You know it happens. Why are you still critiquing me about it?

Sheaffer was a Cardinal that, honestly, I was in no way familiar with. Even the back of the card refers to him as "backup", though it mentions he was a potent hitter with runners in scoring position.
He finished out his playing career in AAA-Memphis in 1997, then he was called to coach in 2003. He would coach in the minors for the Cardinals and the Astros. Currently, he manages the Rookie-Level team for the Rays.

Now, for the real reason the scans are crooked...
I've been using the app CamScanner for an easier way to get pictures for the blog, and then emailing them to myself, etc. I wanted to use the scanner for my latest eBay purchase, and what looks like my big single card purchase for the year:
2006 UD Exquisite

When I noticed this card had been listed, I was worried it would become another Missed Connection, but fortunately, this was not to be. 
(For the longest time, I had been considering THIS Carpenter #'d/30)
I don't have any complaints about the one I own.Carpenter (Cardinal) autos are not easy to come by, and I wanted one that would look nice in my collection. 
I think I did alright...

*I don't think a mini-bio for Chris Carpenter is necessary. That's why there isn't one.
**On a side note, I'm sad that Carpenter and Molina are exclusively with Upper Deck, especially since UD probably won't ever have an MLB license ever again. Not to mention Molina autos are getting a little pricey and there's not a lot of options out there.

So here is my question:
Is there a player/team that you collect who has a tough auto to track down?
If so, tell me about it. It'd be nice to know I'm not alone, ha!

Thanks for stopping by!
Staying unabashed and interested, 
-Ruffin

No comments:

Post a Comment