Monday, March 4, 2013

What to do, what to do...

The way that vacations play out at work is kind of weird.
I get 3 a year (two 7s and a 10), and usually with the 7-day, you are off two days, work one (occasionally a Sunday), and then the vacation begins. With a 10 day, the middle work day is off.
Seem complicated? Join the club!

Anyway, I'm on my second of the two off-days. So the vacation is right around the corner!
Currently, I am developing my vacation resolutions. You know, the usual stuff: learn a song on guitar or bass, pick a book to read, organize the cards I've got laying around, finish up my queue on Netflix, develop a series of posts with a theme, pre-scan cards so that it'll be easier to post...
That's all I have so far, lol.

Oh, and I hope to actually be able to participate in the new contest that Fuji has going on:
Fuji's 3-year Anniversary Contest
On a side note, I'm glad he's breaking down the contests from not being all summer. I tried to participate with my "old" blog last summer, but a move kind of got me turned around and I need a break from cards and blogging.

Also, I want to start having some interactions with my followers on here. I want to be better about pulling aside cards for trades, there are some great collectors on here, and I want to take advantage of that!

I do have an "artifact" of sorts to share, before I wrap this up.
While on my way out of the LCS after trade night, the owner called me to come back for a second. He said that someone dropped this off a few days before in case anyone wanted it:
The entire St. Louis Globe-Democrat from October 22, 1982, the day after the Cardinals 9th World Series victory. It's hard to put into words how incredible it is to to get to look through something like this, it's a really cool experience. 
Also, I can't complain about original political cartoons from over 30 years ago:

A big shout-out to the app CamScanner for making these pictures possible!

Thanks for stopping by folks!
Staying unabashed and interested,
-Ruffin

1 comment: