Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Updates

Hey folks!
Been a while hasn't it?
Sorry for being a little quiet on this front, but there hasn't really been a whole heck of a lot going on.

Well, collecting wise.

My off days were rearranged so I could be off work for my son's first birthday.
I usually use my off days for blog scans/outlines; so I've been a quiet watcher in the wings, driving up your view counts...

I do want to show off my....

HOLY CRAP! (Sorry, just saw a commercial for a Rocky Road Klondike Bar...)
Yes, that's the highlight of watching Burnett working on a shutout against the Cardinals. 

Sorry, my pickup from The Dimwit's case break:

Man, is that a lazy auto or what?
*Jay is the only Cardinal to have an auto in each GQ release

I seriously can't complain though. ELEVEN teams went hitless in our case. 
Topps seriously jacked up the collation in 2012 Gypsy Queen. 
Seriously, THREE bat barrels in a single case?
That's just sad. 
Not to mention duplicates in mini-boxes. 

Also, there were some things that disappointed me about this year's GQ. 
When I started really getting into collecting, GQ was the first set I sunk my teeth into; so it had a special place in my heart. 
Given market trends, next year will probably be a "low order" set that will turn into "high demand". (Similar to the 2011 release.)

That being said, I'm still working on completing a full master team set for the Cardinals.
Aside from the Freese (SSSSSSSSSSP) I've got the base set rounded out, and I'm now working on base minis. 
If you have any extras laying around, I'm looking for: 34,82,103,105,264,289,279,307,322,343

That updates my 2013 collecting goals to:
Complete 2013 Topps emerald team set
Complete 2013 Gypsy Queen base and mini team set

Thanks for stopping by!
Staying unabashed and interested,
-Ruffin

*Oh thank goodness, Beltran just broke up the no-hitter!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks man.
      It's a nicer picture than his two previous GQ autos.

      Delete
  2. Rocky Road Klondike Bar? Sounds awesome. Almost as awesome as the Jon Jay autograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may be able to compete with the triple chocolate Klondikes that I had once upon I can't remember how long ago.

      Delete