Sunday, November 25, 2012

I am ashamed...

I couldn't finish watching the Egg Bowl last night.
I tried, I really did.
This is my NCAA Super Bowl, the only game each year that truly matters to me in college football. Every other win in the column is a bonus if we can just finish off those Rebels, and we just were not able to do it.
We made some amazing plays, but they made their drives last longer, and that's really what killed us.
I'm not proud that I turned it off, I'm not proud that I started second-guessing the players and coaches. I honestly try really hard to not be THAT fan. Living in the 'Bama section of 'Merica, I see/hear/smell those fans on a regular basis; The Yankees fans of NCAAF, I call them.
That and me and the wife had about 3 more episodes to go before we finished Lost on Netflix. She'd never seen it, and I missed some episodes here and there (i.e. the last season), so that seemed like a better option.
Due to impeding circumstances, I finally get to have Thanksgiving dinner when I get home today. I am thankful that I have a happy, expressive, entertaining 7-month old to remind me that it wast just a game.
Have a good one, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment